Top 20 Sellers from Past 90 Days | Top 100 Sellers Overall |
Recommended Color Pairings | Phthalate Free | Suggest New
Our superior quality, concentrated, Cosmetic Fragrance Oils are formulated to be safe for use on the skin when used properly diluted. Best of all, they are alcohol-free!
Our Cosmetic Fragrance Oils will not cause seizing in CP soap and are not drying to the skin. They work well in soaps, lotions, creams, powders, balms, oils and scrubs. They are generally used at 2-5% in formulations and can be used as perfume oils when diluted in a vegetable oil or jojoba.
Fragrance oils do not disperse well in water without the aid of a solubilizer. To make water or alcohol based perfumes, air fresheners, linen sprays and other water or alcohol based formulations, you may use our Water-Soluble Fragrances or use Polysorbate 20 to emulsify fragrance oils.
- Our line of Cosmetic Fragrance Oils are highly concentrated and are intended to be diluted before direct use on the skin or used as an ingredient in personal care product formulations. We strongly recommend diluting them at a minimum ratio of 1 part fragrance oil to 3 parts product/oil/diluent. In most formulations, they can (and should) be diluted even further.
- Our Cosmetic Fragrance Oils are not for use in candles. The diluent used in our toiletry fragrance oils is better for the skin than cheaper quality diluents used in candle fragrances but it does not burn well in candles.
- Our Cosmetic Fragrance Oils are not intended for use in lip products. We offer specially formulated flavor oils that are approved for use in lip products. Please see our Flavor Oil section for lip product approved oils.
- Our 16 oz. and 1 gallon bottles of fragrance oil are shipped in plastic HDPE bottles. We recommend that you transfer these oils to glass bottles upon receipt. We offer 16 oz. Boston Round bottles within our Packaging section.
Tips for Using Fragrance Oils in Cold Process Soap:
When trying a new fragrance oil in cold process soap, please use the following guidelines:
- Cold process soaps require about 1 oz of fragrance per pound of soap, but this can vary greatly with fragrance oils. Lighter scents will probably require 1-2 oz per pound of soap. Always do a test batch to test the strength and holding power of a fragrance in your formulation.
- Mix the fragrance oil with a carrier oil that you are using as a superfatting agent, or with some oil that you reserved from your recipe. Blending the fragrance oil with a carrier tends to buffer the reaction when it hits the raw soap.
- Do not use a stick blender. Stick blenders will accelerate trace. If the fragrance oil that you use also accelerates trace, you will have a compound reaction. Wait until you are familiar with the fragrance oil before you use mechanical mixing. If there appears to be no acceleration, then you may start using short bursts of the stick blender.
- Keep your temperatures within an average range, not too high or too low. This will help avoid a reaction.
- Do not use Grapefruit Seed Extract (GSE) with a new fragrance oil. GSE is used in soap to accelerate a slow trace. If you use fragrance oils and GSE together, you may wind up with an accelerated trace.
- Using the right procedures, you should be able to use any of our cosmetic fragrance oils in cold process soap without difficulty. We highly recommend that you do a test batch with any new fragrance oil.
30% Off All Fragrance Oil Sizes Throughout February!
Save 30% Off Our Entire Range of Fragrance Oils and Plant-Based Fragrance Oils!
FNWL's Plant-Based Fragrance Oils are produced using only pure essential oils and aromatic isolates derived solely from natural, raw botanical sources.
- Contains Pure Essential Oils
- Contains Aromatic Components Derived Solely From Natural, Raw Botanical Sources
- No Lab or Synthetized Ingredients, Components and Isolates
- No Phthalates
- No Isopropyl Myristate (but is compatible with formulations that include IPM)
- No Dioctyl Adipate (but is compatible with formulations that include DOA)
What Are Plant-Based Fragrance Oils? Are They Natural?
Our Plant-Based Fragrance Oils are certified to be free of synthetic ingredients. In addition to pure natural essential oils and extracts, they also contain naturally-derived aromatic isolates such as limonene, geraniol and vanillin that are isolated from natural, raw botanical ingredients like lemons, roses and vanilla beans.
Can They Be Used In The Same Way As Essential Oils? Are They As Natural As Essential Oils?
Our Plant-Based Fragrance Oils are suitable for use in personal care and home fragrancing applications where cost-effective fragrance is required and synthetic ingredients are not desired. We do not, however, recommend these oils for use in aromatherapy applications and formulations. For those that desire to manufacture products that are more closely suited for holistic applications including aromatherapy, we strongly recommend that you work with our line of pure Essential Oils, Absolutes and CO2 Extracts.
Essential oils and natural aromatic isolates are highly concentrated aroma chemicals. Therefore, our Plant-Based Fragrance Oils are not necessarily milder, safer or less allergenic than synthetic fragrances or essential oils. All fragrance oils and essential oils should be properly diluted before use.
How Do Plant-Based Fragrance Oils Compare To Synthetic Fragrance Oils? Can They Be Used In The Same Way As Synthetic Fragrance Oils?
Our Plant-Based Fragrance Oils can be used in a wide range of personal care products, soap making and candle making applications.
However, our Plant-Based Fragrance Oil line may be more challenging to work with than synthetic fragrance oils because they do not contain synthetic stabilizers. In that regard, they may be similar to Essential Oils in the challenges they present when formulating natural personal care products.
Therefore, testing and experimentation are important when working with our Plant-Based Fragrance Oil line. Your existing formulations may require adjustment when adapting them to incorporate these fragrances.
The maximum usage guidelines varies for each of our Plant-Based Fragrance Oils as is based on the specific essential oils and natural components contained within the oil. Please refer to the specific usage guidelines displayed within the product description for each Plant-Based Fragrance Oil.
Our Fragrance Oil Samplers are the ideal way to experience our fragrances and select your favorites.
Also included within this category are our related Flavor Oil and Floral Water Samplers. Flavor Oils are specially formulated fragrances that are safe to use in lip care applications. Floral Waters are concentrated aromatic waters that can be used in water-soluble applications.
Basing your assessment of an aromatic strictly by how it smells out of the bottle can be problematic. When you inhale the oil directly from the bottle, the thin bottle neck can prevent the aroma from fully divulging its complexity and its full palette of aromatic notes.
Fragrance and Perfume Test Strips are ideally suited for evaluating the aroma of essential oils, CO2 extracts, absolutes, fragrance oils and other aromatics. They're also wonderful for evaluating blends and fragrances that you create for personal care or aromatherapy formulations.
Suggest a New Fragrance Oil