Organic Camellia Oil is a nutritive oil that is said to be the ancient beauty secret of the geishas.
The seeds from green, black, white and oolong tea leaves are harvested from organic Camellia oleifera and sometimes organic Camellia sinensis. These species are also popularly known as the Tea Plant. Like the organic teas made from these species, Organic Camellia Oil exhibits exceptional antioxidant activity.
The fruit of the camellia consists of several small chambers, each playing host to a number of seeds within it. Camellia seeds contain between 40-50% of nutritive oil that is low in saturated fat.
Organic Camellia Oil is a primarily monounsaturated oil that is a rich source of the essential fatty acid Linoleic Acid, other omega fatty acids plus Vitamin E and polyphenols.
Organic Camellia Oil is often referred to as Tea Oil or Tea Seed Oil, but it should not be confused with the volatile essential oil of Tea Tree. Although the seeds and leaves contain caffeine, caffeine is a water soluble compound that is not present in Organic Camellia Oil.
Organic Camellia Oil Properties:
- Penetrates Quickly
- Highly Moisturizing
- Light Herbal Aroma
- Virtually Colorless (Slight Yellow Hue)
- Rich in Fatty and Essential Fatty Acids, Tocopherols (Vitamin E) and Polyphenols
- Restores Moisture Balance to Dry Skin
- Improves Complexion
- Enhances Radiance
- Softens the Appearance of Wrinkles and Tiny Age Lines
- Non-Comedogenic (Suitable for Oily/Acne Prone Skin)
- Conditions the Skin After Shaving
- Protects Skin from Elements
- Helps Minimize the Appearance of Scars
- Cools the Skin
- Maintains a Healthy pH
- Conditions Scalp
- Fatty Acid Composition:
- C16:0 Palmitic Acid: 6.0-15.0%
- C18:0 Stearic Acid: 0.8-2.0%
- C18:1 Oleic Acid: 72.0-87.0%
- C18:2 Linoleic Acid: 5.3-14.3%
Organic Camellia Oil is a nutritive addition to facial creams, serums, aromatherapy blends, lip care products, hair products, make-up, baby products, shaving products and other beauty and personal care formulations where a light, moisturizing oil with rapid absorption is desired. Organic Camellia Oil can be included in formulations intended for all skin types, and it is especially well suited for formulations intended for maturing skin.
Organic Camellia Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Skin Care
- Lip Care
- Hair Care
- Nail Care
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%