Egg Oil is a 100% natural oil extracted through a special technical process from hen eggs. It contains no chemicals, additives or preservatives.
Egg Oil is rich in essential fatty acids including Omega-3 Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) and Omega-6 essential fatty acids. Egg Oil is also a high quality and functional source for cholesterol. As the oil is protein-free, the cholesterol is readily absorbed into the skin and hair. Personal care products containing cholesterol have shown great promise in healing dry and damaged skin and in conditioning damaged or color treated hair. Egg Oil may also help reduce premature hair loss.
Testing indicates that Egg Oil may exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. Studies also indicate that Egg Oil may dramatically reduce scarring and reduce the appearance of aging scars. When used in dental applications, testing indicates that Egg Oil may also play a beneficial role in preventing or slowing the progression of periodontal disease.
Egg Oil is perfectly suited for moisturizers, hair care, lip care and nail care.
Egg Oil Properties:
- Absorbs Quickly
- Highly Moisturizing and Emollient
- Yellow to Amber in Color
- Clear to Hazy Appearance
- Moderate Viscosity
- Contains Approximately 4% Cholesterol
- Rich in Fatty and Essential Fatty Acids:
- Myristic Acid C14:0 0.5-2.0%
- Myristoleic Acid C14:1 0.1-0.5%
- Pentadecanoic Acid C15:0 0.1-0.2%
- Palmitic Acid C16:0 34-37%
- Palmitoleic Acid (PA) C16:1 (n-7) 5-10%
- Heptadecanoic Acid C17:0 0.1-0.5%
- Stearic Acid C18:0 3-5%
- Oleic Acid (OA) C18:1 (n-7 n-9) 36-39%
- Linoleic acid (LA) C18:2 (n-6) 10-12%
- Gamma-linolenic Acid (GLA) C18:3 (n-6) 0.1-0.2%
- Alpha-linolenic Acid (ALA) C18:3 (n-3) 0.1-0.2%
- Eicosanoic Acid C20:0 0.1-0.5%
- Arachidonic Acid (ARA) C20:4 (n-6) 01.-0.5%
- Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) C20:5 (n-3) < 0.1%
- Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) C22:6 (n-3) 0.5-1.0%
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-100%
Important Note: We list our Egg Oil in the Vegetable Oil/Carrier Oil/Fixed Oil category so that it can be found easily by our customers. Just in case it isn't obvious from our description, our Egg Oil is not a vegetable oil and is not suitable for vegan applications.
INCI: Egg Oil
|Sizes Eligible for Free Shipping
1 fl oz., $25.00
2 fl oz., $45.00
4 fl oz., $75.00
8 fl oz., $125.00
16 fl oz., $200.00
32 fl oz., $350.00
64 fl oz., $500.00*
1 gal., $900.00*
Eligible for free UPS Ground shipping to continental US destinations for orders totalling over $75. Exclusions apply. LIMITED TIME ONLY. Click here for details.
This item does not qualify for any promotional discounts.
This product will ship separately.
Customer Ratings and Reviews
Rate/Review This Product