The seeds of Daucus carota var. Sativa (also known as Wild Carrot or Queen Anne's Lace) are responsible for producing a remarkably nourishing and restorative oil ideally suited for a wide array of moisturizing and anti-aging formulations.
Although their names are similar, Carrot Seed Oil is not pressed from the orange root vegetable that we commonly call a carrot.
Unlike many carrot seed oils that are derived by macerating carrot seeds in sunflower or another vegetable oil, our Carrot Seed Oil is a true, 100% pure cold pressed oil.
Our superior quality, unrefined, extra virgin Carrot Seed Oil is carefully sourced and packaged to maintain the purity, freshness and beneficial properties of this remarkably nutritive, cold pressed oil.
Carrot Seed Oil Properties:
- Extra Virgin
- Medium Viscosity
- Absorbs Quickly, Non-Greasy
- Distinctive, Mild, Herbaceous Aroma Characteristic of Carrot Seeds
- Golden Yellow/Green Hue
- Typical Sterol Composition:
- Campesterol: 19.6mg/100g
- Stigmasterol: 58.4 mg/100g
- Beta Sitosterol: 167.0mg/100g
- Beta Carotene: 0.182mg/100g
- Vitamin A from Carotene: 300 IU/100g
- Typical Fatty Acid Composition:
- C18:3 Oleic Acid (Omega-9): 68.4%
- C18:2 Linoleic Acid (Omega-6): 10.8%
- C18:3 Linolenic Acid (Omega-3): 0.2%
- C16:0 Palmitic Acid: 3.3%
- C18:0 Stearic Acid: 0.6%
Carrot Seed Oil is heralded for its ability to nourish and rejuvenate aging skin. It helps to heal dry, chapped and cracked skin, and it conditions hair well. Carrot Seed Oil is an exceptional oil to use in formulations intended for all skin types as it helps to balance the moisture of the skin.
Carrot Seed Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Skin Care
- Lip Care
- Hair Care
- Nail Care
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-20%
We apologize but all sizes of this product are temporarily out of stock, please click the link next to the size
to be notified by email when the product is again available.