Although their names are similar, Carrot Seed Oil is not pressed from the orange root vegetable (Daucus Carota Sativus) that we commonly call a carrot.
Unlike many carrot seed oils that are derived by macerating carrot seeds in sunflower or another vegetable oil, our Carrot Seed Oil is a true, 100% pure oil cold pressed directly from the seeds of Daucus Carota Sativa.
FNWLs superior quality, unrefined, extra virgin Carrot Seed Oil is carefully sourced and packaged to maintain the purity, freshness and beneficial properties of this remarkably nutritive, cold pressed oil.
Carrot Seed Oil is heralded for its ability to nourish and rejuvenate aging skin. It helps to heal dry, chapped and cracked skin, and it conditions hair well. Carrot Seed Oil is an exceptional oil to use in formulations intended for all skin types as it helps to balance the moisture of the skin.
Carrot Seed Oil is Perfectly Suited for the Following Personal Care Applications:
- Anti-Aging Products
- Hair Care
- Nail Care
- Lip Care
Carrot Seed Oil Properties:
- Extra Virgin
- Medium Viscosity
- Absorbs Quickly, Non-Greasy
- Distinctive, Mild, Herbaceous Aroma Characteristic of Carrot Seeds
- Golden/Brassy Hue
- Rich in Nutrients
- Stigmasterol: 58.4 mg/100g
- Beta Sitosterol: 167mg/100g
- Beta Carotene: 0.182mg/100g
- Vitamin A from Carotene: 300 IU/100g
- Rich in Omega Fatty Acids:
- Alpha Linolenic Acid (Omega-3) C18:3 0.2gm/100g
- Linoleic Acid (Omega-6) C18:2 10.8gm/100g
- Oleic Acid (Omega-9) C18:3 68.4gm/100g
Recommended Usage Rate: 1-20%
Cold Pressed Carrot Oil may thicken at temperatures below 50 degrees F. Allow the oil to warm up at normal room temperature and gently shake before use.